Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost admin for old facebook page

Options
  • 29-01-2024 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyony help me

A friend set up a facebook page back in 2016

We have lost contact since covid and I cannot get the admin or password to reactivate the page

Any thoughts

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I set-up some Facebook pages years ago. From what I remember there is no ID and password for the page as such.

The way a page is administrated is associated with whomever has the "Admin" role. That person will just have admin access to the page through their FB login.

It's possible to set up multiple Admins on a page (and it is recommended), in case one becomes "unavailable".

If your friend is still on FB, then I'd suggest Messenger-ing them and ask to be made Admin.

If they shut down their FB account, then it's likely the page is gone too. You could set-up a new one instead.

Advertisement