Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning languages in Cork - Where to go for classes?

Options
  • 29-01-2024 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Do you have any recommendations for where to go to learn languages in Cork/training providers?

The languages I had in mind were any of Russian/Arabic/Spanish. Somewhere that does more intensive courses on an accelerated timeframe would be great.

Any suggestions or experiences to share?

I would appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭cantalach

For Spanish, the SPLAS dept at UCC has some sort of partnership with the Instituto Cervantes. I did a few terms at the latter 20+ years ago (when living in Dublin) and found the teaching very good. SPLAS offers 10-week and 20-week courses at various levels, starting week after next.

An eclectic mix of languages there by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Thanks for the response.

When I was a child I would just learn enough to do well in exams, but I never really put in the effort beyond that. Burned out and bored schoolchild just wanting to get it over with.

Now, I would like to give it another crack and see how it goes. I have put it off for years. I might have no aptitude for it.

Advertisement