Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Dealer Estimate

Options
  • 30-01-2024 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone

I recently tipped off my neighbours tyre as I was reversing. As the wheel was turned out to the road it caused damage to my bumper and resulted in a small mark low down on her bumper because I'd say my car glided off her wheel.

I agreed to pay for the tiny mark on her bumper but when she handed me the estimate, also included was a bill for a new head light (nothing wrong with the headlight) but her husband works in the garage.

I asked the guy that done the estimate did he see the car and he said "no" that he based it off photos which they are refusing to show me.

I sent my photos to another garage and they said no way would the tip result in the damage mentioned on estimate.

My question is....is it legal to do an estimate based on photos and do I have a right to see them before I pay? I have no proof that the estimate is based on the correct photos. It seems a bit unfair that I'm being expected to pay for something I can't see, especially when I highly doubt I caused it.

Any kind of guidance or information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Greengrass53

You certainly are entitled to see the photographs and you should insist on that. Don't pay a penny until you do. You're being mugged here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Metatron11

Thanks. That's what I thought but I've asked the mechanic, the husband and the wife....they are all saying no. So not sure who to go to next

Advertisement