Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing garden room from NI for the ROI

Options
  • 30-01-2024 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I'm looking to purchase a garden room a from a company based in Derry to be built in my garden here in Drogheda. I'm just concerned about the planning and taxation issues that may arise. I know planning permission is not required for the type I'm looking at but since I'm purchasing from a Northern Irish company, does that make any difference? Also, I was quoted a price in euros but am I liable for any imort tax? Similarly to when you buy a car from there. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I know a few people had things done in the last year or so from companies based up the North. All of them were cheaper than what they would be charged by companies down here im told.

One for wall pumped insulation. One had a septic tank/ biocycle or whatever they are called these days installed. Another had an insulated roof put on a conservatory.

And there are plenty of people in the renewables thread getting solar panels supplied and fitted from companies in the North.

Ive never heard of anyone having any taxation issues.

Maybe check with the company and see if they've done it south of the border before.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Orlak2410

They have done a few down south before but I agree I should ask them. Just wanted to get a non-biased opinion, can't trust someone who is selling you something 100%. Thanks!

Advertisement