Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartmant insurance?

Options
  • 30-01-2024 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi guys,i have a question regarding insurnace.

So i live in an aparmant block with block insurance and was wondering what insurance i should get in case of flood damage.

I am in a top floor and was curious as to what insurance i would need in case of accidentle flloding by me ie over flowing bath,sink a burst pipe etc?I have seen adverts for home policy covering contents etc but i dont want that and seen ads for buiding insurance but dont need that (its covered by fees).im guessing i could get fllod insurance in home insurance policy but that covers a lot of stuff i dont want or need and theres a cost for all those things so i dont want to spend money on cover i dont wantor need.

In short id just like insurance against flooding but dont seemto be able to see anything apart from buiding or content insurance which dont suit me,thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Enquire in the first instance from the property owner/management company. See what cover is in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

When I owned an apartment flood damage was covered by block policy

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭MikeCairo78

The block OMC will have a building policy in place. This does not cover damage to your own contents. Block policies will normally have a large wet damage excess (flood, escape of water burst pipes), they do not cover damage to tvs / beds etc etc.

You as owner / tenant are responsible for insuring your own contents(I think this is what you are referring to)these are very simple to get most insurers and all brokers will be able to provide a quotation. Premium for basic cover would be around €180 and possibly cheaper. Online try runa quote without buildings cover and jsut your contents that should trigger something to confirm that the property is an apartment

Advertisement