Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting headlight bulb replaced at motor factors?

Options
  • 31-01-2024 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭lucalux

Really appreciate some info please, just wondering do the likes of top part or local motor factors replace bulbs for a fee usually?

I can't face into the absolute rigmarole of trying to change them myself today, I'm just coming off a week sick.

Just not sure if I could ask them, and if so an idea of prices?

Also I'm not sure if Osram Nightbreakers are worth it compared to Phillips Whitevision or similar, any recs?

h7 55w bulbs

thanks a mill

Tagged:

Comments

• usually they’d be happy enough to do things like that but if it’s a bit of a farce all the same they might not be bothered.

It’s hard to say for sure what a particular one will do, I know Halfords will do so for a small fee.

Best to just ask honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭User1998

If you want a bulb fitted go to Halfords or a mechanics. Generally speaking motor factors do not fit parts

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Some tyre places often will do it too, but likely only to have basic bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

My local place does wiper fitting for free but given what a pain in the arse most bulbs are I doubt they’d waste their time.

Tyre bay is probably your best bet or Halfords.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• My local would be the same happily fit things if it’s a handy job but if they need to lift a screwdriver you can fcuk off to the garage 🤣

I would say going to Halfords for supply and fit if there’s one locally would be your best bet OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Whocare

It all depends on motor factors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭lucalux

Thanks all, no Halfords near me otherwise I would have gladly paid them to do it, hassle or not, have the bulbs already.

Anyway, realised i need to have headlight connector replaced in the headlamp unit so off to the mechanic with me. Motor factors lad was really helpful at any rate

PITA to need to remove trim/battery to change bulbs at all, but how and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I go to the local tyre place to do mine, mine is a inside the wheel well job. I have changed some in the past, but for the price they charge (€15 including bulb) I'd rather just let them do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

I thought the night breakers were good on a vw golf. Never had the other option

Any motor factors near me would not fit.

Halfords the best option as other have said. Some cars are really easy to fit. Others a right pain.

Advertisement