Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which front door to upgrade as priority (for warmth)?

• 31-01-2024 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to budget for new windows and doors in the next year.

I have a small unheated, uninsulated front porch with brick corner pillars, full length windows on each side, and full length windows either side of the front door. The door is probably aluminium I think, since that's what the windows and sliding patio doors are - but not certain.

I also have a hall door with full length glass panel on one side, between the porch and the entrance hall. This is a wooden door.

With heat loss in mind, and if I could only afford to get one door replaced initially, should I prioritise the front porch door or the hall door?

Comments

Advertisement