Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Leave and mortgage application

Options
  • 01-02-2024 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭

We got mortgage approval in principal last September, everything checked out regarding payslips, savings, etc.

In November and December, I had to take a few weeks certified sick leave for stress. I was fully paid by my employer during this time (I did not have to collect Social Welfare). Thankfully, the stress situation has been resolved. I have medical certs both for the leave, and returning to work.

However, my employer has it split out on my payslips as "Salary" (for the portion of the months I was working), and "Sick Leave" (for the portion I was not). As I said, the total of these two still adds up exactly to my normal pay.

Is this going to be an issue if we either apply to draw down the mortgage in the next few months, or reapply when the AIP runs out after 6 months, and I have to resupply 6 moths of payslips that covers November/December?

Comments

I think you will be fine if you get a headed letter from your job just to state what it is for.

I've had a similar situation with holiday pay

Advertisement