Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lambchop 31st Jan 2024 NCH

Options
  • 01-02-2024 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone go to this? I resisted when I saw that it was Kurt Wagner and pianist solo. I didn't like the sound of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭T.V Eye

I haven't listened to The Bible and I think a lot of the setlist was from that album, so it's hard to say what was lost\gained with these versions, but I enjoyed the performance and the sound was lovely from my seat. They played the setlist pretty much straight through with no pauses and it felt a little shy of 1 hour, it might have got tiring if it was longer unless you're really into piano.

Fair few empty seats alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

Meh. Bit boring to be honest. Huge fan of early Lambchop but in recent years have found the quality control isn't there. Deconstructed some of the ealier songs and it just didn't work for me. Pianist was superb but the gig was short and that was no shame. Going to see them at the Barbican with an orchestra in June and hoping the bigger band will make it a better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

agree on the recent albums - whoever sold Kurt that auto-tune device should be shot!

Advertisement