Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used car part

Options
  • 02-02-2024 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Bought a used car part on eBay last November/December. Wiper motor. Installed it in January only to find out it's faulty. Seller doesn't communicate. eBay said 30 day money back guarantee passed. I have the name and address of the seller (North Germany). I have almost 100 euro in this. What are my options (besides going to Germany and knocking on fella's door)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

EU consumer affairs office in Dublin or consumer affairs in Germany.Both will probably ask for proof of purchase and proof of pursuing seller for redress.I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting help from office in Dublin but they might be able provide contact details on how pursue a refund in Germany.Try evz.de in Germany;ccpc.ie(disputes in Ireland only but hopefully give you more info on where to pursue a claim against the seller)and eccnet.eu for EU wide disputes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I recovered 15 euro from a German clothes seller after a return this way once before, but I didn't know if they deal with used car parts too. I sent the office screenshots of communication etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭JVince

If it was a private seller you have no comeback

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had a problem with a wiper motor for an Opel for quite a while. The mechanic told me that going for second hand it was probably going to suffer the same problem as the original - they tend to go in some Opel models. I ended up going for a new one.

Advertisement