Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould in extension

Options
  • 03-02-2024 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi

I wasn't sure which thread this fitted best in!!

As you will see from the attached pics, there is mould in an extension I have. The house doesn't have the best BER in general, E1 i think but the extension is exceptionally cold. There is a radiator but must not be any or little insulation. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to stop the mould and stop it getting worse? There is a shower that causes some wet on the floor at the back of the toilet and some fungus grows sometimes. There Is mould on the windowsill and ceiling and inside back door

2. Is there a way to improve the retention of the heating in the bathroom and small hallway to the bathroom?

I am hoping to do a complete renovation in a couple years maybe so maybe I should just wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭Shoog

Not a lot to do as to address it would require completely stripping out and dry lining.

If your planning on renovating leaves it till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Have you ventilation there

Open a window anyhow for shower moisture

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭10-10-20

"I am hoping to do a complete renovation in a couple years maybe so maybe I should just wait?"

I'd stick a dehumidifier in there in the interim (have a look for recent discussions around what type is best in colder rooms) and then bring that renovation forward as best you can.

Advertisement