Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPWS deer liscense application goes[totally?] online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And here we have the PDF file from IFA Countryside dated May 10th and oddly,or not, we have to go hunting for this info as somehow our organisations forgot to mention this document to their members? Yup on page 3 of this 52-page instruction book, they state a requirement for both photo and deer legal cal rifle

liscense

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bensimp

Just did my renewal, only hard part was finding a passport type photo for your profile!

Just create a profile, upload copy of firearms license, tick a few boxes, fill out last years numbers and done. Took about 10 minutes ( only delay is due to looking for copies of photo and license)

Much quicker and easier than the paper version. Be interesting to see how long before the license is issued. I'll update when received.

Just finished as well.About the same time,had to reload info twice on the personal page,as it didnt like my picture.Apart from that a box ticking exercise. Indeed lets see how long the liscense takes now online.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭TheEngineer1

I supplied calibre and bullet weights for two rifles but only uploaded a certificate for one. On the old paper form you had a few lines for different firearm details, but I imagine that was just to confirm you had a deer legal calibre as opposed to some kind of firearm registry. It'll be interesting to see if I hear back from them looking for the second firearm certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭steyrman

hi I had the same went to upload 3 firearms but just took one cert number hopefully it will be a success

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

I can't seem to enter the number of deer in the returns section. And thus I can't get past that stage. Anyone similar?

Edit...seems to be working now

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Alpha Delta

Any other first timers having trouble getting through the process?

I've been trying to upload my Course Cert and my Proof of Purchase my so far it has rejected the .pdf of the Cert, the screenshot, and the photos I took on the phone. Going to try printing the Cert tomorrow and uploading another photo but no joy today I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭keith s

Same for me Alpha, I'm getting a quick "forbidden " message followed by "This file has been rejected".

Tried, png and Adobe scans all failing.

• Advertisement

I sent the tech support side of it an email this evening Keith, I'll post an update with any info that I get back.

Reckon the system has overloaded already and is in crash mode. FB Irish deer groups have reports of people having the same problems.

Some suggesting that the uploading docs issue is related to using a phone, and that it doesn't happen on laptop/PC. I can't check that right now, but will at some point .

As predicted.Its crashed and burning!Update from NPWS

“Unfortunately, we became aware of an issue with the elicensing system in relation to the uploading of documents that occurred yesterday evening and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We will be in touch again when this issue has been resolved and applicants will be able to complete their applications.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shroughaun

I couldn’t upload documents form my laptop, however it was excepting the documents from my phone once I had them saved in my photos.

Uploading docs, wasn't working yesterday from my phone, but worked this evening.

Same for me, got an email reply from NPWS or whoever is handling the technical end, with a how to guide but it's simple enough. Took photos of the docs I had printed and uploaded all from the phone this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Has anyone had an outcome at this point?

I had thought that with it all being online and presumably straight into the data base, that responses would be very quick (allowing that all the required documents & photo are provided), particularly for those of us who are applying for a renewal. I know we've plenty of time in hand and our current DHL does not expire until the 31 July. I thought the entire point of setting up the new system was to take advantage of current technology and thereby increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the system, foolish of me I know.😒

The npws got back to mesaying my FAC hadn't uploaded.Despite it showing as logged.Three attempts later,both sides of the lic pics are registered. Next as I use a gmail account that is in my patents first and maiden name they are back to confirm under GPDA rules that it is me.Its now hopefully "being considered " by the revelant crowd.

Im expecting next a dna sample is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

Are we required to have an entry for each species on the list? As in, 0's for anything that wasn't shot.

• Advertisement

Yeah 0 for anything not shot be it sect 29 or 42 lines

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

I tried to complete the application earlier. I added the numbers for each category but it believes that I'm a first time applicant for some reason even though I clicked Renewal. And I can't delete the draft application and start again. It's not a very well thought out system. I'll have to try to call them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭TheEngineer1

License approved and emailed to me this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 musashie

I spoke to NPWS twice. They are limited as they do not have access to system. For my profile,I uploaded a selfie taken on my phone, cropped it. I received notification on the portal that I had not submitted reverse of my license. I only filled out returns for deer I harvested. Left everything else blank. That was the only problem they said occurred with application. Still no license.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bensimp

I got my license just now emailed. Your picture is also on the license.

It took 9 Days , it is also saved on your portal which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Heavy handed

still haven’t fixed mine. Managed to get it in within 20 mins of it going live but it had the errors when uploading the info. Waiting on a response to amend it but haven’t heard a word yet.

Did you go back and finish the uploads when the issue was resolved?

If not I would try get it to a submitted state and if you cannot, maybe email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭kunekunesika

Took me a while. Seemed a bit clunky, or maybe my processing speed was a bit 🤮. First instruction was load a photo, couldn't get it to work???? No click here to load photo??? But all done. Will be much easier a 2nd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Very disappointed with the NPWS and their new portal system. Had my application completed, with all the supporting documentation provided, by 16:21 hrs on the 04 June 2024 for a renewal. Still no response, no indication that there is any flaw in my submission.

The new portal system was proffered as a more efficient and effective system, less costly (applicants are directly entering the required data directly into the data base) and a quicker response time. Manifestly, not so! Typical of Ireland's civil service, lots of huff and puff, very poor performance.

• Advertisement

To be honest, I know the system has had issues and there is a learning curve for us to use it, but overall I do think it is / will be easier to use. (Once the teething issues are resolved).

The registration is done now, so (unless they need more information at a later date), we won't have to do that part again.

Obviously this year they have to deal with potentially high number of technical cases, as well as general questions from users, along with actually processing the licences, which is also new to them. So, I would expect turn around time to be higher than it will be in the future and we've still plenty of time before the season opens so I'm not bothered if it takes a few weeks.

Advertisement