Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sink waste to 32mm waste pipe

• 04-02-2024 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Fitted this to sink -

its only to allow cold water to a storm drain, no trap needed as it’s just cold water to a storm drain (outdoor garden sink)

the measurement I get on the thread of the waste is, I think, 47mm

any idea on how to get from the waste to the 32mm outflow pipe without using a trap?

what do I need?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭geographica

Any one thanks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭embracingLife

Not familiar with 47mm fitting but normally to join two different size pipes together get reducer straight fittings which join together and use pipe glue to permanently join and waterproof. See what's on screwfix site or go to the local plumber providers/builders providers and they should have these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭Doolittle51

You'll probably just have to fit a trap. I don't think there are any fittings available that can be used to connect 32mm pipe directly to a waste. This one looks quite small, if space is an issue:

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/mcalpine-basin-bottle-trap-white-32mm/91286

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭geographica

This is the measurement on the waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

It’s a standard 40mm waste outlet designed to be connected directly to a 40mm trap. You can take a 40mm pipe out of the trap and reduce it immediately to a 32mm, but if you plan to omit the trap altogether that wouldn’t be a standard application and you might have to google some special waste kits to find but that you need.

Why not just screw a P trap onto it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks everyone for all the help, got sorted

Bought a p trap and a 40mm to 32mm reducer to attach to it

Advertisement