Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit link savings account

• 04-02-2024 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭

Currently pay monthly by direct debit into my savings account. Can direct debit be changed to weekly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭28064212

It would be very rare to fund a savings account using a direct debit. I assume you mean a standing order? Depends on both the sending and receiving bank. Most banks do allow you to set up weekly standing orders, but some may only have a monthly option. For the receiving account: some savings accounts only allow a single monthly deposit, and any others will be returned.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Thanks for your reply. Its a saving account on depositlink with Bank of Ireland. Pretty sure it's a direct debit. Weekly would be more convenient for me. Will suss it out with the bank during the week 🫠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, can you clarify what this account is - I searched the Bank of Ireland website for 'deposit link' and 'depositlink' and got zero hits.

You won't be able to manually modify the frequency of the DD because it's initiated each month by the bank so you will need to talk to them. You could set up a weekly standing order from your current account but your specific savings account may be restricted in terms of the payment frequency and/or the amount of payment allowed to be lodged each month.

Advertisement