If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" OLED for PS5 and general use

Options
  • 04-02-2024 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I got a PS5 recently and I'm now seriously considering upgrading from my current LED (Phillips Ambilight) to an OLED.

At first I was set on ordering the LG OLED55C34LA (when it came packaged with the USE6S for free). The soundbar in the offer was downgraded before I could pull the trigger, I started rethinking and I'm now caught between the LG and the Samsung QE55S90C. With the discount codes and cashback offers for each considered, the two models come in at very similar prices. As far as I can tell from various reviews, the Samsung is a bit brighter and "pops" a bit more but the LG is considered a bit of a safer bet in terms of burn in and longevity. I know the Samsung doesn't feature Dolby vision, but this doesn't really bother me. I think both likely offer an excellent viewing experience when gaming or watching TV/movies.

Would you have any advice as to significant pros and cons between these two models? Would one be significantly sturdier than the other on the stand?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bkrangle.

Many thanks for the post.

Both are excellent televisions.

Its a tough call between the two to be honest. I've 2 LG OLED myself at home and use my PS5 regularly on them at they are amazing.

LG have been doing OLED much longer than Samsung and have it nailed down.

The LG 10% off is due to finish at midnight tonight and the Samsung cash back will finish 27.2.24.

The LG you would pay £1299 and then the code for 10% reduces it down to £1169.10 or €1379 which includes the 10% off.

On the Samsung you would pay €1368 and you can claim back €165 via Samsung. (You need to purchase in Euro to be able to claim back the Samsung cash back).

The Samsung is a bit more flimsy as more of it is super slim with less back plastic where the connection etc are making it very important to be handle gentle as the OLED screens/Panels are very easily damaged if pressure is applied to them when lifting moving etc....

Either of these televisions will be an excellent purchase for playing your PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thanks for the detailed response Kenny, this is very helpful

• Company Representative Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

No problem at all Bkrangle.

Any questions please don't hesitate to drop me a post or PM.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.