Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to see the perpetrators of the recent arson attacks brought to justice?

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

The question was how many people expressed a view, from the perspective of the thread 112.

Obviously nothing is verifiable as being a genuine representation, not even the question prompting the answer.

That has to be assumed anyway for all sites does it not?

You might think otherwise, and if so, I hope the time when you learn Santa is a big con, isn't too traumatic :-)

Leave the polls out of it, they are brilliant. Anyway there's enough racism :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lmk123

What is this none working class?

Am I in it?

I have a strong dislike for work and decided it was not a positive lifestyle experience around three years back.

I don't see how it affects my view on the topic, in fact if anything I see migration as a very positive thing, all that work I'm so carefully avoiding is freely available for others to take advantage of.

If there are not enough people to pay into the ponzi scheme known as pensions, this is going to severely affect my lifestyle and ability to avoid work in future :-(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The option that should be on the poll is whether or not you want live in a democratic country where the rule of law is upheld. Because if you seek to justify or excuse mob rule then you are not what the country needs and you are definitely not what the Irish Republic is about. The people of 1922, that I knew, were very proud of two key features of the Irish state that they helped create - a constitution that establishes the people as sovereign, not parliament, not the government and not the president and a police force that polices the country at the will of the people, not the point of a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Yeah you don't understand my post and went on a bit of a ramble there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

This suggests that the people sending said messages are the majority. Any proof of that? Considering there's plenty of homemade Irish homeless that need these beds too

The community has no right to decide who can or cannot reside in the area though. The 'community' bought a house, etc. Not the entire geographical location.

Can I veto a family living on my street if they are foreign? No nor should I be able to. Mind you by your thinking, my neighbour could have vetoed a blow in like myself in the first place.

Like the Irish chap in Australia? Or in London? Or in Boston? The Costa DEL crime didn't get that nickname because is the Spanish moving there.

How about the poor foreign lady walking home from work that was stabbed by the very Irish, raised by welfare Irish scumbag?

These comments, you would think we are a nation of saints that only export missionaries and only needed police when we opened up to foreigners. It's a nasty, nasty mindset born from lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You appear to mix up the word community with single householder.

A single householder should only have limited input into community matters however a whole community definitely should have a huge imput and be involved in any decision making regarding their locality.

Planned infrastructure projects are put on public display with timescales allowed for comments and submissions. With your line of thinking, nobody should be entitled to that either.

What I'm saying is that if government plans to install a number of people in a locality, if that number is such that it would have a bearing on School capacity, GP capacity or any other services, the decision should only then be made in consulation with the locals.

Should a householder be able to veto someone moving to their street. No.

Should the needs of an entire community be listened to when government decides to house a significant number of new people in an area? Absolutely.

• Advertisement

I love it!

We had the poor concerned citizens in England too, who suddenly developed an urge to help England's destitute when the migrants started coming. The same piles of rubbish were never too worried about criticising the "scroungers" and "layabouts" when that became a subject for discussion.

There were beds available and when a local council went a small bit further by spending money on clothes and a medium term address so they could find work, the "concerned citizens" were set against it, because being social guru's they knew the homeless were druggies and criminals.

What a sad situation where the most vile can mouth their false concerns without shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Ah, a supporter of the "Demolition Man" model of law and order. You'll be calling for on-the-spot fines for public swearing next.

Better stock up on seashells... 🤔

You don't understand do you?

There are laws that I think are good and indeed life would be unlivable without them.

There are bad laws which I respect and abide by simply because they are the law.

There are laws that I dislike, yet see the purpose of and I abide by them, I think they are bad though and they inconvenience me and involve what I think is needless expense .

In other words, I respect and abide by the law.

The penalties, the object or action any particular law refers to is irrelevant.

If you could follow the reasoning behind almost all the posts to the subject, then you would understand how pointless your tome was, regardless of whatever a demolition man means in your particular context.

You need to re- read a few of the many pointers on democracy to get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Has anyone spread a rumour that unvetted males of military age are moving into one of their mates gaffs as a hilarious practical joke yet ?

"As for citizenship being a marker for somewhere being your country, is someone who has dual American and Irish citizenship but has never spent a day in Ireland entitled to say Ireland is their country?"

Now the comment related to that reply needed a bit of "nous" to understand, nothing a double digit IQ would find a challenge.

One's brand, spanking new sprog say's "Ireland is my country" by proxy. Their words are chosen for them and to all intents and purposes their parents are that child by proxy.

So at what point does Irish citizenship not count for anything "back home" then?

The question is, do you understand your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

it'll be interesting to see if the arrests put a stop to it, and if those who were arrested were organized, or individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Why? Do you think only young people support lawbreaking?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I knew someone born in 1910 who remembered 1916

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement