Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest calls to uk mobile?

Options
  • 05-02-2024 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

apologies if this is in the wrong section but was just wondering if anyone could advise on the cheapest method to make calls to a uk mobile?

whatsapp is not a runner because the uk mobile is not online.

haven't used skype in years but i'm thinking that will be the best option but just thought i'd ask on here first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Vodafone prepay plans include 100 international minutes, might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭thebiglad

There is an option with Viber to pay a monthly fee to be able to call any number anywhere - Viber Out (similar to Skype) - I don't have Viber installed at the moment but, we install it when going to non-EU holidays so wife can call her mother's landline (we are on WIFI).

I guess this would work for you to call a UK mobile - you can sign up for a month e5.99 (it's what we do), or 1 week to try it at no charge, - try it out or, if it suits your needs, subscribe.

No issues to cancel after 1 week so nothing to lose trying it out (unless you can get better than e5.99 per month of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Try Yolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks for the replies folks will check them out.

Viber appears to be the best option, will give that a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yolla works the same as Viber out but is cheaper.

I had a look at yolla but it said it was 15c a minute for UK mobiles, viber is €6 a month for unlimited calls.

Happy with that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Skype seem to have 100 minutes per month for €3.14, but unlimited is €12.55.

Advertisement