Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Updates - 2024

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,537 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Iirc, the Oireachtas pays a reduced fee of around €250k pa to have the channel carried on Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I believe you are correct but the fact remains that RTÉ had to put in a proposal to the minister to fund the channel going on Saorview, AFAIK it remain a part-time channel on Saorview.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I did notice OTV get Saturday & Sunday hours after the last Sky channel came on air

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Aidan McCarthy

It could be the case that sky mix and sky arts and maybe France 24 in English could be on saorview but I don't know. Just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭lgs 4

We would to see more channels on Saorview in full HD and 4K in the future .The advertising pool in to small .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sky should have put Sky Mix rather than Challenge on it, Sky Mix is basically a promotional channel for the mainstream Sky channels.

So are Sky News and Challenge, both are heavy with Sky Promotions. Same for Sky Mix and Arts.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Our Irish channels should be put on HD instead of these Sky channels whatever about the cost, in the analogue days they had no trouble funding just one station on a single channel, now we have four or five stations on a single channel, don't understand it.

Greed and they think they are providing us with more than what we had back in the Analogue days.

In reality we really don't have much more than RTÉ ONE, N2, TV3 and TG4. I'd argue that we have even less than TV3 when you put all the VMTV channels together and RTÉ2 is a sad version of its former self, really we are currently left with RTÉ1 and TG4. You could easily merge all VMTV channels and RTÉ2 tomorrow and see little difference with their content.

______

Yesterday

I was just think it could be the Great set of TV channels and Sky Mix.

9 Sky Mix

10 Great TV!

31 Great Movies

32 Great Action

Or it could be none of the above and they are just place holders

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭lgs 4

I think that's a none starter.As they are already on Sky stream

Yes. These sky channels are on sky stream but some people don't have sky only saorview and that's the reason why they want sky channels on saorview

Yes. These sky channels are on sky stream but some people don't have sky only saorview and that's the reason why they want sky channels on saorview

I think you doubled up on that!

Only reason I suggest this is that Great! just went on TV ratings and that the 30s could be used for film.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Neowise

You don't need sky for great.

You just need a satellite dish point into the sky at 19degrees 28 degrees and a tv that can decode and tune into sat signal (or a decoder box to do that for you.) scan for free.to.air channels and great (which is not that great) and another 100 or so channels (more if you include foreign language, which i'm not.), all come in with no sky sub.

(edit reason: wrong satellite direction)

Post edited by Neowise on

This is true also, great is not great and its a challenge to watch challenge!

______

Yesterday

Sorry about the double up. Made a mistake.

Yes. Your right there. You don't need sky for these channels on saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Shan Doras

What exactly was the logic of Sky putting SkyNews and Challenge on saorview, only in the last couple of years? I mean surely 2012 when the platform was brand spanking new and getting around the clock promotion was the time to go on it? Having such channels there in 2012 would also have made saorview look like a big step up from analogue for the average punter.

• Advertisement

Times has changed since when saorview was launched back in 2012 but now things have changed when sky decided to put sky news challenge tv channels on saorview and I said this before that some news channels could be on saorview too

Advertisement