Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Updates - 2024

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Once again, Sky will make that decision not Saorview.

Saorview cannot just put a channel on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Possibly inferred by Aidan McCarthy, though do we know that Sky are adding their two other FTA channels to Soarview, seems like a slow process.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aidan McCarthy

Did you see what you sent. Possibly inferred by Aidan McCarthy is the most stupid thing to say

To R o telly. Did you Realised for what you said. I was going along what other people are saying about saorview but if you don't like it. Well that is up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This thread has gone nuts. Nobody here has any idea what, if any, channels are coming to Saorview. A test card appearing or disappearing doesn't mean anything.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

yee all gone nuts the whole lot of yee and me too so we do have a enough channels on saorview and we have enough tv stations in this country too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

@RoTelly, play the ball not the person please.

More generally, while speculation, clearly marked as such, about what might appear or disappear is fine, the poster above is right - none of us really know what future channels might appear on Saorview, a platform that’s not exactly known for adding channels on a regular basis.

Ah! hold on I was not getting at anyone.

I was just answering L1011, that Aidan's post was inferring the possibility of Sky Mix and Sky Arts being added and that it was up to Sky if they did go on the platform. Nothing more.

Sorry if I wasn't clear!

(I should have said that was what I was inferring from his post)

______

Yesterday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I’ve had to shut down another thread because of on thread moderation discussion, let’s not go down that road here. Thanks.

ICDG, I am not discussing moderation, I am pointing out that my post was not meant to be disparaging in anyway what so ever, to any poster. I am sorry if anyone took it up that way.

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 beehive

RTE One has disappeared from my Piccollino combo box and I understand I need to perform a terrestrial scan (which just brings up RTE 2 etc, as before) or perform a TP scan. Unfortunately I can’t find any info on RTE (surprise surprise) or Saorview saying which bandwidth to scan. The old/existing one is 570000 but RTE One appears to have been migrated elsewhere. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,553 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

RTÉ 1 hasn't moved so there may be an issue with your own setup.

Which frequency to scan depends on which transmitter your aerial is pointing at

https://coverage.2rn.ie/

Hi there. Are you using an indoor aerial or an outdoor aerial. If its an indoor aerial trying moving the aerial around we're your television is and you should be able to pick up RTE One

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's also disappeared for me, from Three Rock. It looks to me like they have reduced the power output and I have permanently lost the RTE One mux.

As an experiment, I have an indoor UHF aerial in the bedroom pointing at Three Rock. I also have a VM multiroom box connected to the same TV so I pick up the Saorview service just for fun. Previously, the MUX containing RTE One came and went, it must have depended on atmospheric conditions. I assumed that the aerial was optimized for a certain channel range and the RTE One Mux fell just outside that range. When I could tune in RTE One, I often did a rescan and could see all of the the Saorview channels. Next day, chances were that I would not be able to get RTE One.

RTE Two was and still is always available but it went a bit wobbly (pixelation) one day last week, that never happened before. That's why I suspect they have reduced the power from Three Rock.

Since a few weeks ago, I have lost RTE One permanently, it's just never there. Please don't suggest I do a rescan, I know it would be a waste of time if RTE One doesn't come up when I select channel '0001'.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭decor58

No problem here with any of the Saorview channels from Three Rock, I am in Bray with an outdoor aerial,. RTE1 is on the same frequency as VM2, what is that reception like, presumably the same as RTE1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I can get VM1 & 2 but not VM3 or 4 so I don’t think you are correct about VM2 being in the same MUX as RTE1.

In channels 1-20, I have RTE2, VM1, TG4, VM2 and the next channel after channel 05 (VM2) is 21, RTE News. No VM3 or 4, no Challenge, none of the +1 channels, RTE Junior or Cuala4. All of the Saorview channels are listed in my TV Guide because they were picked up in the last scan I did, about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I appreciate the response but the fact that you have all the channels from Three Rock doesn’t prove anything - my point is that I had marginal coverage (here today, gone tomorrow) previously with the RTE1 MUX, now I’ve none.

Post edited by coylemj on

Advertisement