Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE job transfer

• 06-02-2024 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I work as a Home Help for the HSE. Does anyone know if you can get a transfer to work in the hospital instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

Are you directly employed by the HSE as home help? Not indirectly employed through an agency or section 39?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timmy123456789

@karlitob yes i am directly employed by the HSE as a home help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

Hi

well, afaik, not formally. There’s no mobility per se as there is in civil service.

often you’ll see expressions of interest on HSE website but I haven’t seen any for home help.

youll also be aware from the HSE that it’s not one organisation but multiple organisations. So I’d suggest that you contact the HR department (or if you know a ward manager or DON) in the hospital you’d like to attend and speak with them. Things can be accommodated of course if there’s a will. I would warn you though - and you know this better than I - there would be significant reluctance to transfer home help (and I presume your a HCA) from the community into the hospital. Hospitals have safe nurse staffing and access to bank and agency - or at least far more readily that community. I would imagine they would be very resistant to lose an experience staff member in an important area

in saying that, there are often HCA recruitment drives from hospitals - just apply like anyone else. If you have the experience, they’ll rip your hand off. And if it’s like for like role they’ll have to match your salary point etc.

best of luck.

Advertisement