Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price gouging recycle tax

• 07-02-2024 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2 observer too

Went into Centra in Kilcoole yesterday. A 500ml can of Diet Coke €2, 15 cent increase for tax and?????? Price rip off

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

OP you need to confirm your email address, then there is a thread here discussing the new deposit where you will be able to post properly.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058325912/the-new-recycling-system#latest

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

500ml can of Diet Coke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco are selling off 330ml cans of Diet Coke right now 12 for €5, no fee on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 observer too

It’s not about the tax per se but by those who use it as an opportunity to “fleece” (some may disagree) everyone that encounters retail. I am a very believer in shopping local to ensure the shops stay open and local jobs are supported but why not wear a mask and ride a horse if you want to extract monies from those less fortunate. It’s the opportunity to ram prices up. My dad used to say when a pint hit £2 no one would buy it but hey ho here we all are. As for the purveyors of coffee don’t get me started. A friend of mine in the entertainment business where free coffees from a top of the range machine with top quality beans had worked out the cost of beans cup lid and the cost of boiling the water and average milk cost were provided to clients and that was a staggering eye opener. Maybe that might be a hint as to the proliferation of coffee shops. On a very positive note a little corner shop called “XL the d’s newsagent in bray Main Street provides excellent value with a nice bacon roll for €2-50 take a bow guys that is excellent value for money,

Advertisement