Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Malahide Castle, Sunday 7th July

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

Huge fan but just my 2nd time seeing them. It was fantastic. By god they know how to put on a show. Just back to cork from it and still buzzing. Had gold circle tickets. A no brainer for 10 quid more. Weather was great, crowd was great. Fanboyed out when Butler walked right past me on his walk through the crowd. The guy with the dreads really got the crowd going.Brilliant concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

The quartet on stage were local, the Leinster String Quartet. They only found out they were playing a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭fafy

That explains the bewildered looks, they looked a little uncomfortable, and it looked odd, as Bands main string player Sarah Neufeld, looked totally comfortable right beside them. But they played very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭geotrig

Great gig ,weather held up fantastically which was a bonus but was prepared for the rain also , funeral set was just excellent and really enjoyed it and 2nd set was great as well ,unlike a few, I really liked "my boby is a cage" and it was the 1st time seeing them preform it ,band seemed in good form and appreciative of the crowd and reception they got. hype man ,dreads guy was fantastic ,un-believable energy !the faces on the crowd as win walked through them was another highlight ! and the manic dancing all around by all when "ready to start" was going was great also !!

Also just to note that malahide really have improved,i thought there was more there than the Everthing now gig there but could be wrong but no queues of note at any point. not that it was bad before ,no bother getting in and out which was a dream ,on the dart and back in the city in no time !

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭deeks

Had an absolutely epic time at this. Stayed in Grand Hotel which I booked on spec before the tickets went on sale and got it for an absolute song so was on a winner from the start 😀.

After arriving and checking in hit Fowlers in the village for a bit of grub and a few pints to watch Cork v Limerick. Was a little worried about the weather as just as we arrived in Dublin a couple of showers hit which even though they were short were pretty heavy and could have put a right dampener on the evening (pardon the pun 🙄).

Arrived at the venue about 6.30. Had Gold Circle tickets which are an absolute no brainer for me for approx an extra tenner. Enjoyed Echo and the Bunnymen. McCullochs voice is not what it was but not bad for a 65 year old and he had a nice line in dry scouse banter.

Then on to the main event. Arcade Fire abosolutely knocked it out of the park. One of the best gigs I've been at in a good few years. Sound was impeccable. Crowd in Gold Circle were really into it. No talking. No one barging past to get to the front. Not to sound too wanky about it but it felt like a real communal experience with a huge group of people all there in good form to enjoy the gig. It's only when you hear Funeral played right through like that that you remember what an absolutely amazing album it is. Loved the second half as well. Great selection of non Funeral tracks.

Band seemed in great form. Had somehow never seen them live before and was incredibly impressed with how they all moved from one instrument to another with ease depending on the song. Loved the "hype" man as well.

All in all just a really special evening that I won't forget for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Simply phenomenal gig. 5th time seeing them, second time at Malahide and it was the best yet. A cracking atmosphere, smiles all around and absolutely top drawer setlist. Arcade Fire were on top form. So were the crowd. Used Eventz for the parking, €5 cheaper than on site arrival. Wandered up to Gibneys for the hurling and got out of the car park very easy afterwards. Superb gig, superb set up in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gillman1998

I’d second that, used them for Depeche Mode last year and it was perfect. I was a bit surprised that their pickup point was down at the 3arena this year, Custom House quay was more accessible last year.

Advertisement