Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport renewal by post

Options
  • 08-02-2024 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Are postal passport renewal for children actually taking 8 weeks? Handed in at post office 25 Jan expected issue 26 mar ? Many issues with uploading documents etc that's why I went postal ..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elainemcd

I came on here to ask the same question. How long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mary_poppins

Did you get it? I'm waiting 9 weeks and 4 days for postal passport renewal and they're still processing. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TaliyahGarrett

I also chose the postal option for my kid's application, hoping for a smoother process. Took about 8 weeks, as expected. Hang in there, it's frustrating but unfortunately par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TaliyahGarrett

P.S We submitted their passport renewal applications at the post office and it took exactly 8 weeks, so your timeline sounds spot on. I had similar issues with uploading documents online, so going the postal route felt like a safer bet. It was a bit nerve-wracking waiting, but everything worked out in the end. Also, when we needed some documents legalised for another matter, we found a service that made the process really smooth and hassle-free.

Advertisement