Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90Z

Options
  • 08-02-2024 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, have a Triton T90Z that has started making a lot of noise, sometimes more than others.

Hard to describe but kind of a whirring and / or screeching noise at times.

Has anybody experienced the same and if so how did you resolve it?

I don't want to replace if it could be a cheap fix but plan B is replace.

The water temperature works fine, the pressure has experienced no change. It's just the noise is loud and irritating, coming and going.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The only moving part is the motor. So that's the only part that can make a noise. Most likely the bearings are going in the motor. They no longer make motors for this model. I would leave well enough alone. It will get louder before it eventually fails. You could get months out of it. It would give you time to put a few bob away for a replacement shower

The replacement for this model is the Triton T90sr silent shower. Around €400 supplied and fitted Inc vat or €280 for the shower on its own without installation

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

So funny reading this, our T90z was making the same racket for the last few weeks, decided to bite the bullet and get the T90sr on Tuesday, got it for 250 in B and Q, 10% off everything that day. Its a perfect replacement, fixing holes, water, elec all line up.

Took less than an hour to replace, any decent diyer could do it.

The difference is night and day, so quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Open to correction but Triton showers bought from B&Q, Screwfix are not covered by Irish warranty. They are grey imports.

Still a great price & much quieter shower.

B@Q are difficult to figure out. Most of their showers are brought in from the UK but some are sourced in Ireland. The Triton T80z & the Triton As2000sr (Triton Novel SR) are UK showers and have no Irish warranty. The Triton T90sr is sourced in Ireland and does have a 2 years parts and labour warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You still have your regular consumer rights though.

• Advertisement

Yes B&Q will give you a 12 months warranty where the triton war is 24 months. The real difference though is that Triton send out an engineer to your home and repair there & then. With B&Q you have to remove the shower from the wall and bring it back to them. They send it off for repair. You have to collect it when repaired and have it installed again in your home. You could be weeks without a working shower.

Aqualisa aquastream have a 3 years parts and labour warranty but not if you buy from Screwfix. You really have to be careful what you buy from these companies

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

My one had a sticker with a Maynooth number for service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

That's Earthridge. They are the exclusive importers, distributers for Triton in Ireland.

All T90sr showers should have this sticker. It's made for the Irish market. Pumped electric showers are an Irish thing because our mains water pressure is so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

Good to see someone else knows about the behaviour of the UK shops in Ireland in relation to warranties. I mentioned the same thing about power tools and got ripped apart by the know it alls 🙄

• Advertisement

I run a shower repair company. I deal with the UK store mess on a daily basis unfortunately.

Personally I believe they should have to state if it's a UK sourced product and that it has a reduced warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

Thanks yes I saw your other posts about bathrooms. But I don't envy your hassles with those companies.

Exactly they should state that too, soooo many people here buy stuff usually on discounts in those shops here and blindly believe the warranties are 100%

Advertisement