Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why when they re-schedule programs does it break the series link recording on Sky+ Boxes?

Options
  • 09-02-2024 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

I am not that technical on how the Sky+ series link system works , I just have soaps on series link on the box. This week they changed coronation street on Virgin One from Mon, Wed, Friday to Mon, Friday and Sunday. I goes to watch Corrie tonight (Friday) and its not recording - what is the technical thing why series link feature gets disabled when they do this on Sky system .

Come to think of it who's fault is it - is it indeed Sky's fault - or is it Virgin Media TV?

if we had Sky Q system does that suffer from the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Same in Freesat. After the flood on itv is usually on Wednesday nights but because of a football match it was rescheduled for Friday night but the series link didn’t pick it up, luckily I spotted it in time and set it to record!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭andy1249

I think both Sky and Freesat use the CRID or Content Reference Identifier System

basically its a code telling the receiver the time and location of any particular content , and a flag system that signals when the content starts and stops.

The catch of course , is that the CRID tags must be updated to cater for any changes made to schedules , and often they are not. Especially on SD or +1 channels , they do however , usually keep them in good maintenance on the HD channels , not always , but usually

Advertisement