Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bambu Lab A1 recall

Options
  • 10-02-2024 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Recently (late January) got my first 3d printer, A Bambu Lab A1. Had a great experience with it and found it very easy to use and get good quality prints off it. The multi material system was fantastic, using PETG for support on PLA parts made it very simple to remove the support.

Bambu Labs put out a statement at the start of February that an issue with the heatbed cable had come to light. After about a week of updates (they created an Stl for a strain relief that they advised everyone to print and use) they decided to recall all the machines.

The options were to get a refund and an €80 voucher or wait for a revised heatbed design to be shipped in May and take a €100 voucher. They were advising against using the machine in the interim. I decided to go for the return and refund option and I'm waiting on them to issue my voucher.

I'm planning on upgrading to either the P1S or the X1C. The X1C is fairly expensive but it is their top of the range model with all the bells and whistles. The P1S is a very similar machine on a budget. Has an inferior camera for real-time monitoring, no lidar and the screen is very basic. Heatbed is slightly better on the X1C (goes to 110 vs 100) and the processor is more powerful to handle the additional sensor inputs.

Has anyone got experience with either of these machines and can help to steer me towards a decision?

Advertisement