Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque for someone else

• 10-02-2024 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Need some advice please on how to lodge a cheque made out to my adult daughter, she'e gone travelling got a refund from her car insurer. She won't be back in the country for over a year.

Can I simply lodge in her account in branch? Do they still have lodgment slips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

They still have lodgment slips in the bank. You just need her bank acc details. It'd be easier if you had her card but I'm guessing she took that with her.

I've lodged cheques for other people to their accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭standardg60

'She' would need to sign the back of the cheque so do that beforehand, along with the acc. no., should be fine then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A cheque doesn't need to be signed if it's being lodged to the payee's own bank account.

OP will be asked to fill in his name and contact number on the lodgement slip but that's just in case there's a problem with the lodgement and the bank needs to contact him.

Advertisement