Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl power washer - any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I WOULD Check the pressure spec as it seems a serious upgrade on the last version

145 working exceeds many of the petrol ones

Also 2.8kW will require a decent extn cable, 2.5 sq maybe depending on distance

I have never had success with any of the accessories

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks.

Do you mean that accessories are no good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thats my experience but others here have had good experiences, it depends on how dirty and embedded the dirt is for the revolving brushes to be useful

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

go for it, lidl are fairly good at returns/refunds or swaps if unhappy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Its really annoying that their ads tell you so little about the product :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, I agree that the Lidl ads are very poor when it comes to details and specifications, literally all they have to do is take a photo of the box as all the information is there.

The Parkside performance range is generally very good in my experience, and the 5 year guarantee is very nice and better than a lot of bigger name brands.

Here's a review of that power washer if it's of any use to you OP.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

I bought one April of last year, its pretty good, I have no complaints. I do notice however that it came with a 5 year warranty last year. Doesn't seem to be there this year?

Edit* I now see it at the end of the page!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

I bought this pressure washer during the week.

When I connect it up to the water and power it's just hums.

Water flows through it but it doesn't kick in at all.

Will have to return it and hope they have another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Are these still available in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Ok this is embarrassing...but can anyone help me connect my garden hose to this pressure washer??

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Picture attached!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ideally you re looking for one of these jobs on the hose end, its the female part that snuggly fits into the male part on the washer

https://www.hozelock.com/product/hose-end-connector-12-5mm-15mm-2/

it also doesnt have to be a hozelock, as theres other brands out there making the same stuff

is it possible to change the adapter on the hose or on the washer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Looks like they already have loads of them :)

OP in the photo are you holding the accessory end of your garden hose as it appears to be the tap end.

You should have an end that has some sort of sprayer on it. That will pop off and connect directly to the black and red connector on the unit.

Advertisement