Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Airshow 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jasT1981

Beechcraft, Dove, and Goose added to line up

CASA 295 is mentioned in the event programme which can be found on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Thanks. I'll take a look. The Goose has been in the UK for maintenance for several months. I hadn't heard that it was back yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Im on hols so cant go this year. But every year I try to get there for 1130. (DART from Tara/Pearse)
    Gives me time to have a walk around, grab a bit of lunch and settle somewhere before the crowds arrive after 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chimp77

Does anyone have an info on the Lancaster arrival. Is it due in on Friday into Bal?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Battle of Britian will not be there they said this in answer to a question on facebook

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

A Spitfire just flew down the Liffey towards Weston or Bal so I'm guessing will be displaying.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just landed in Weston. A glorious sight to see in the skies over Dublin.

Jordanian Falcons did practice at Bray and now heading for a practice at Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

yes, I’m getting glorious views out my attic window…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

They've just finished up in Rush this last few minutes… Fantastic view, and the iPhone camera doesn't do it justice at all…

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks for the headsup! I heard an unusual engine noise and raced out in D5 and saw the 4 Jordanian Falcons passing.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Saw them a while ago over Leixlip. Is the Spitfire still out in Weston?

Lineup does not look great this year. Although I'll still be going. My first Bray Airshow since before the Pandemic.

Are there any websites that I can listen to the ATC for the show. I see from the FAQ that "ATC on 119.60 MHz", or do I need to have a proper air-band radio.

C295 overhead a couple of time in South Dublin. I'm guessing practise for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So nothing interesting coming into Baldonnel this weekend then? 😕

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chimp77

Was out on Weston earlier very quiet,no doubt the wind wasn't helping. Do we know what is out there;

Falcons

Spitfire,

Mustang, Jet pitts, Stearmans for the Wing Walkers did any of these make it over from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Rock Solid

No Viggen don't blame him not coming, nothing exciting at Baldonnel

To my knowledge those aircraft listed in your last line have not arrived in Weston, as yet anyway. The Spitfire is not listed in the programme so may be a substitute. If the weather on Saturday morning is OK you may see some making the sea crossing. Bray has been plagued with changeable weather around the show date on several occasions and this year is no exception.

Spitfire was on the website, then disappeared but is now in Dublin. T6 Texan was also meant to come with the Spitfire and P51 but it disappeared from listings too.

Viggen was never on the schedule for this year at Bray :(

• Advertisement

The Blades RV8s are heading up towards North Wales at the moment so presumably en route to Weston or Newcastle.

G-JPIT Pitts is passing Holyhead also.

Mustang G-BIXL flew Duxford to Sleap (Shropshire) last evening so will presumably continue this morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Anyone have a running order for today yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

What's landing at Weston today. I'm keeping a watch out

P-51 Mustang is over North Wales at the moment, en route to Weston.

Deadly.

Have you got a tracker for it, didn't see it on flight radar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

Cause "Nothing Compairs To You".

Exactly ,,, Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

Not a Airshow, it's a small gathering of interested people all trying to make a few bob. And organising people trying to convince you and me to attend same and spend money in the town.

Really bad this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is start time 3pm?

Advertisement