Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FOR SALE - Howa 1500 in .223

• 11-02-2024 5:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title I'm selling a Howa 1500 in 223 cal.

The rifle is approx. 9 years old and has had a few modifications done turning it from a good rifle into a tack driver. The rifle will one hole at 100 yards (1/4 MOA), sub 1/2MOA at 200 yds, and 1/2 MOA at 300 yards. I've not pushed it beyond 300 yards but safe to say it'll outperform any shooter.

It works well with pretty much any ammo Ive fed it. From 40gr up to 55gr, and even some 62gr stuff. Its lvoes 53gr and 55gr stuff. Hornady preferably but not essential. I've ran 50gr Fiocchi and 40gr V-max through her and with the 40gr its a laser with less than an MOA of adjustment needed between 100 and 200 yards.

Its a 1:12 twist with 24" blued barrel. It sits in a Boyds thumbhole stock with vented fore-end. The barrel is fully floated and action is bedded. The rifle has had a Legacy Sports bottom metal and detachable 5 round mag installed, with Opti-Loc two piece system and matching 30mm rings. Whole rig weighs 8.5lb.

I cannot stress enough, the accuracy and consistent performance of this rifle. Specs are:

Rifle:

• Howa 1500
    • 223 caliber
    • 24" blued sports taper barrel
    • Threaded in 1/2" unf
    • Timney trigger
    • Boyds Thumbhole, vented, stock
    • Bedded and fully floated action/barrel
    • Legacy Sports bottom metal and 5 round detachable mag

Accessories:

• T4 AU suppressor in 1/2" unf
    • Opti-Loc two piece bases and 30mm Rings
    • Allen Padded, non slip, rifle sling
    • Padded carry slip
    • Butler Creek Flip cap lens covers

This is a reluctant sale but with personal circumstances its unfortunately going. Given its performance, modification, and condition (excellent) I'm asking €995.

I'm currently licensed on the rifle so its a private sale. I can meet at the MNSCI if interested in viewing. Based in Laois.

Thanks for looking

**** EDIT - SCOPE IS SOLD SO ITS RIFLE, SUPPRESSOR, ACCESSORIES ONLY. ****

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

Advertisement