Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOLD - Remington 5R MilSpec in 308

• 11-02-2024 4:33pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title I'm selling my Remington 700, 5R MilSpec in 308 caliber.

The rifle was imported from the States about 15 years ago. Its a Remington 700 but comes with the 5R Milspec barrel. This is a 24", 11.25 twist, heavy sports taper barrel. Its beyond accurate with a sub 1/2 MOA grouping at distances from 100 to 300 yards and sub MOA out to 600 yards.

The rifle originally came with a Hogue rubberised stock but I found it chunky and cumbersome to use. I swapped it for an AICS 2.0 folding stock and had this for a few years however with the stock alone weighing 6.75 lbs and the total weight in excess of 14lbs I decided to go back to a more traditional looking and feel for the rifle as its a hunting rifle. I fitted a brand new Monte Carlo style stock and that is what the rifle currently sits in. It now weights approx. 8.75lbs but I'd need to weight it to be sure.

The rifle will be sold with the scope, details below, and suppressor. It has fired approx 500 rounds in all those years and is still only barely broke in. As said above accuracy is not an issue with the rifle firing everything from 123gr to 210 gr rounds but the sweet spot being between 150gr to 178gr. The Hornady 178gr A-Max work amazingly well in it.

Rifle:

• Remington 700 5R Mil Spec
    • .308 cal
    • 1:11.25 twist rate
    • 24" barrel
    • Threaded in 5/8" unf
    • Heavy sports taper
    • Rifle Basix LV-1 Trigger
    • Monte Carlo Timber stock with hinged floor plate (4 round capacity)

Scope:

• Hawke Sidewinder 30SF
    • 6-24x56
    • Red/Green illuminated reticle
    • Side focus
    • 30mm tube
    • Screw in caps
    • Sunshade
    • Original Hard case and Box and manual/instructions

Accessories:

• T8 overbarrel Suppressor
    • Two piece bases
    • Burris Zee Rings, 30mm
    • Niggleoh Adjustable Sling with quick release clips
    • Plano Padded gun slip
    • Butler Creek Lens Covers

The rifle is in excellent condition and well maintained over the years as will be evident from its performance, which far outweighs mine at this stage. I have the original Hard case the Hawke scope came in along with all the original, unfitted, accessories such as sunshade, metal lens covers, tools and manuals. I switched out the Remington trigger and installed a Rifle Basix LV-1 Trigger giving a crisp 2.25 lb break but is fully adjustable depending on preference.

You'll be hard pressed to find this model of rifle let alone one in Ireland. I believe given its rarity, performance and pedigree that a price of €1,495 is more than fair for what is a buy and shoot set up.

I'm currently licensed on the rifle so its a private sale. I can meet at the MNSCI if interested in viewing. Based in Laois.

Thanks for looking.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement