Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIFI working perfectly on laptop and PS5 but not on Iphones - weird

• 12-02-2024 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I know this is probably not the correct forum but unsure where to post this. We have eir Fibre. Works fine on both laptops and son's PS5 yet not working on our Iphones. Have reset network settings also but no joy - any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭thebourke

have you updated the the iphone to latest possible ios version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

Can you access the wireless settings on the Eir router?

Take a look at the wireless settings and see what the bandwidth is set to. You're looking for numbers like 40MHz, 80MHz (for 5GHz channels) and 40MHz and 20MHz on 2.4GHz settings.

Dropping the 2.4GHz bandwidth to 20MHz gives the widest compatibility all round for older devices and shouldn't affect speeds for those that are managing to use 5G wifi.

Another thing to take a look at is how many devices are already connected to the network. There's a very low limit on the default Eir settings which is easy to hit if you have Smart devices in the home.

What model are the iPhones you're having problems with? Any problems in other places?\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I have the same problem with an iPhone 13 and eir broadband. I have to manually select the WiFi, it never connects automatically.

All the settings are correct on the phone and also no issues with any other device including ps5.

Old iPhone 11 has no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thank you all. 3 Iphones in the house. Iphone 12s. All updated.

NiallB - "Dropping the 2.4GHz bandwidth to 20MHz". How do I do this? 😉

• Advertisement

I changed the name of the network and changed the password, WiFi on iPhone now connecting perfectly. Thanks 🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

Interesting. Do you mind posting the first four characters of the original WiFi password? Old iOS versions had issues with some WPA1 passwords and misinterpreted them.

Sorry just seeing your message now, the first 4 characters were fz4f.

Using iOS 17.3.1 on an iPhone13.

Eir F2000 modem.

Advertisement