Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ - Marlay Park - Sat 22 June 24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How come they moved the bus service from Custom House to near the National Concert Hall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Balally i would say, then dundrum, windy arbour not too much different but less straght forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭flasher0030

There will be some amount of tickets available for this on Friday and Saturday. Over 80 ads on Adverts already, and an abundance on Toutless. It will be easy to pick up a ticket for less than half price. Should still be a decent enough crowd at it.

Been listening to a bit of Richard Ashcroft today. Not bad. Half his set is The Verve tunes. So will know those anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

No doubt lots will be getting free upgrades to gold circle too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

How will gold circle work? Will we get a wristband or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭lukin

I have a Gold Circle ticket but the people I am going with have General Attendance tickets. Do I have to go into the Gold Circle area or can I stay in the General Attendance area?

I haven't been to an outdoor concert in years so I have no idea how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Kilteragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭lukin

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭robbe

Anyone have a ballpark idea as to when Richard Ashcroft and Pearl Jam will be on stage? The event info page sent by ticketmaster have the show starting at 5pm………….

• Advertisement

Ashcroft likely at about 6-6.15, pearl jam likely 2 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Just bought 2 re-sale standing tickets for €55 each (€64 with fees)

They were €117 each face value!

Hope the same doesn't happen for ACDC as I paid full whack for standing there

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I feel like a fool for buying full price - but I really thought it would sell out. €64 is more like gigs used to cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Ha ha. At this rate, they'll be going for a tenner on Saturday !!!

Jesus, I remember trying to get a ticket for Pearl Jam in the Point about 20 years ago. And not a chance. Went out to the point and begged people, but there were about 100 others doing the same. We sat outside the point and were able to hear some of the gig. Obviously Marley Park has much greater capacity, so it is great not having the fear of not getting a ticket.

I thought the same might happen with AC/DC. But looks like it won't be to this extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ngunners

There are a load of tickets for sale on toutless now for anyone else who might be looking. Well under face value.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43186&start=125

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They made a right mess of their pricing and ticketing for this event, with all the premium and overpriced tickets. Mad that they haven't sold out Marlay, a lot of fans going to be taking a significant loss if they can't attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Having not played here in fourteen years, and possibly never will again, I think we could be in for more of a greatest hits playlist than some of the other shows.

Songs I'd love to hear.

Oceans
    Garden
    Release
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Daughter
    Elderly Woman
    Better Man
    Given to Fly
    Do the Evolution
    Any track from Backspacer except Supersonic.
    Sirens
    Scared of Fear
    Dark Matter
    Running

Any songs at all from the first three albums would be fine. For me, the quality definitely dipped until Backspacer which might just be their best album.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Due to a family emergency,I can't go,I'm gutted.....so I'm selling my ticket if anyone interested. PM me and I can do immediate transfer on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭BandMember

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now unable to attend, so if anyone wants a ticket just send me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Spud666

What is the weather forecast looking like for Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

• Subscribers Posts: 41,578 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Absolutely perfect for a concert. Warm enough but not sweltering (19 degrees dropping to 15), dry but cloudy so you can see the stage and screens….best of all is hardly any wind!

Only thing to watch is the band of rain forecast to come through Friday night. Shouldn't affect the ground too much as it's been dry this week….just hope it doesn't change and push into Saturday.

Yr/ME/Windy.com all seem to be in agreement at the moment that we're all good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

There are loads of resale tickets on ticketmaster, cheapest is about €69 with gold circle available for €105. The promoters / bands pricing policy was very poor. Will either learn from it? They will in their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Ticketmaster are now offering discounted tickets ( for 63 pounds) to the gig in Tottenham for 'previous customers.

They really and trully messed up the pricing. I wonder how many tickets were sold to warrant that.

Hilarious - But also seriously unfair on those who paid full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

afternoon, how do i buy / setup account on tout less, seems they are not accepting new users .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did you see the amount of tickets they held back for Manchester to try and flog the crap seats off for £160.

• Advertisement

My main hope is it won't impact future tours to Europe. I'm not expecting any more Irish shows after this (wouldn't have anyway let alone not selling out), but the absolute state of sales for London could hit them hard when looking at future touring plans.

Would pay good money to be fly on the wall for discussions about all this stuff. Would love to know exactly why all of this was agreed to by the band. Larger 10c allocations being a point for TM to want their tricks in there but seems excessive.

Advertisement