Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inheriting site- percolation problem?

Options
  • 13-02-2024 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi,

I am inheriting a site from my father that I hope to build a bungalow on. The site is alongside my father's house and is a greenfield site. However, the percolation pipes from my father's house are actually located within the site he wants to transfer us. I was told that my father will need to redo his percolation area so that none of his percolation area would effectively extend over the new site. Does this sound correct? And if so, will my father need to get planning permission himself to change his percolation area so it remains confined to his property, or can it be done without planning (assuming its done by a proper company)?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Planning permission will be required if the percolation area is located to a different place.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hero25

Or have your father's site boundaries re-drawn to encompass the percolation area and your site moves a bit......

Advertisement