Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes women volunteer for childbirth?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It is true, the pain can be really awful at times, but when it's over its truly forgotten and really difficult to actually explain.

And you have a lovely Baby, all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I don't have children. I grew up being told by my Mam from a young age that having children was the ruination of her life and warning me never to do it. I guess it stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Child birth is fine. It can be tiring and takes a huge amount of physical exertion but the rush of oxytocin after the baby deliveries is better than any drug I've ever experienced. I mean marathon running is exhausting too and at the end all you get is a mass produced medal.

Unprotected sex is just too damn good for most lads to turn down.

Women get very well rewarded financially from welfare & all but guarantees them a foreva home from the council.

But I do think there’s too many people on the planet, just look what a few full Croke Parks worth of Immigrant’s have done to this country.

Schools full, public transport full, Healthcare full, Creches full, housing forget about it!

And everyone is blaming these systems for not being able to cope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"Gee, thanks mam, sorry for ruining your life"

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They said it was the immigrits but I knew it was the bears all along.

Immigrants are not responsible for governments failing to provide adequate infrastructure

Take the immigrants out of our public transport and health systems and they'd be fûcked entirely.

You need to think about it

Scrap the cap!

Lets say you increased your household by another 10 people.

The infrastructure & resources you have in that house won’t be able to cope will it.

And do you think your family will say oh we never provided more beds, car parking space and toilets?

No they’ll tell you stop bringing people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

No matter how much the world these days is trying to re-define men and women, they can’t re-define nature.

its the one thing the world can never take from a woman or give to man, unlike t*ts , vaginas, penises and identity.

I imagine it’s a primal unconscious trigger or need that appears, but being a man myself I wouldn’t really know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Post edited by TheIrishGrover on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Not sure I really get it either. Of all the reasons that I had for wanting to start a family and have kids - thoughts of my genes figured nowhere on the list. Nor on the list of anyone I have ever spoken to on the topic.

I somewhat suspect that as thought out as my reasons actually were - millions of years of evolution meant my genes were influencing my decisions and ideas. But their influence was subtle if so and I can not say I noticed it.

Advertisement