Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account site banned, can't login

Options
2»

Comments

Same story here.

I was getting an Origin Server Error.

When that went away I made several attempts on different browsers but kept getting that same 'Sorry, Permission Denied' message as posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Back now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blackwhite2

Same issue for me today also

original account: blackwhite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭lucalux

Thanks,I didn't reset password, just tried again and back working. Strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sorry permission denied. This account cannot be accessed

got the same message but changed my password and all was good. I note that my old password was only 10 digits and it requires 12 so don't know if that had anything to do with it, I had to use 12 in my new password. I had that password on boards since the beginning of time, I'll miss it...*sob*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

I got that login error as well but was able to get back in a few minutes later. I received a forum ban out of the blue last week despite never having been in trouble. Vanilla is acting the maggot at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 icbabe

Is this happening everyone? I went to log on tonight and mine is the same. I don’t comment on much (I’m logged in to read the threads I follow) so I know I shouldn’t be banned and have received no emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭Be right back

Happened to me too. Took little while to get back in. Site crashed before that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Yeah same here. Just had that warning. Changed password and that failed to commit, got an error after hitting the save password, but few minutes later password worked again

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

Ok I signed up for a new account to post above and then tried my original again for the 15th time and I’m back in (now off to delete the other account).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭lucalux

Getting this intermittently

• Registered Users Posts: 2 icbabe

Can anyone tell me where to go to delete this account now my other one is back up and running? I cannot find it in profile

You have to request to have your account deleted. Ridiculous rigmarole so probably just better off signing out of the the new account and leave it be. Just carry on using your regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,332 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Good move for Odhrán if he's trying to sell 😉.

*Heads off to Conspiracy Theories Forum*.

• Administrators Posts: 13,975 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Anyone wishing to close an account can PM @Boards.ie: GDPR or email datarequests@boards.ie.

That's the extent of the "rigmarole".

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Morning all,

All of the above mentioned issues have been forwarded to Vanilla to get to the cause of this.

Anyone who has created another account to log in due to this issue can forward a deletion request as stated by BBOC above.

Thank you for being patient while this gets sorted.

Mike.

Advertisement