Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving job after a year?

• 16-02-2024 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for a role. If I get the interview what will I say to having been in my current position less than a year? I really like where I am now but I would be a fool to turn down a good pay rise, and the role is also very interesting.

How should I approach it as I know I will be asked? "I'm here for the money"?!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eldudeson

I'd change the word "money" for "opportunity". Mention the interest in the role and the challenge that your looking forward to.

You know you're there for the money. They know you're there for the money. Don't mention the money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

If you really like your current role, try to learn as much as you can about the new role before you commit. Many years ago I left an ok role for a role with way more money, only working 4 days a week. And hated it. Lasted about 3 months, then rang up my old company and asked would they be willing to take me back. Went back on the first day to start and my ex-manager did not say "hi", instead said "Thank Christ you're here. Go do x, y and z".

Enjoying your job is worth its weight in gold. Just be sure you will enjoy the next one before making the leap.

Advertisement