Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing Finance After Credit History Issue

Options
  • 16-02-2024 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

MY EX RAIDED MY BANK AND SKIPPED COUNTRY BACK IN 2019. THAT SUNK A CREDIT hole in my finances as I struggled to sort out debts. That was done only last year thanks to shutdowns during covid. But I would like to source a loan for family matter and this 5 year rule is so stiffling since what happened was outside my control. What plans have people used to rebuild that credit history and get loans before the 5 year credit history timeframe ? I would love your inputs. I have borrowed and paid back small loans with credit union over the year but I have a need for a loan for assisting family member. I have my own house (Mortgage back on track) I have pension in place. and do my own investing when ive funds (ie, im not stupid with money/ only ex's ! )

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There is no magic involved in cleaning up your credit history. You need to start with a copy of your CCR report. Go through it and settle each and every debt with the creditor so it will be removed in due course. No amount of small loan activity will cancel out the fact that there are debts still in play. And on top of this borrowing money to give to someone else is not going to fly in any case, in time you might be able to go as guarantor on a loan for that person but that is it.

Advertisement