Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher smells

• 16-02-2024 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Dishwasher is a few months old. Has never smelled right. I thought it was because it's new. So ran lots of hot washes with bread soda vinegar etc.

Dishes still come out smelling badly.

The hose running from under the sink to the dishwasher is laying on the floor of the cabinet.

Is this OK? Or an issue?

Should it be elevated?

It was installed professionally...

Any ideas welcome.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The hose should have U in it. They're usually is an additional plastic fitting in to keep its shape. This allows some level of break from waste line smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thesign

Yeah, there's no U.

There's not really enough length to loop it up to the top. So I guess that's why he didn't.

I suppose I need to get an extension or longer hose.

Thank you anyway.

On the right track to fixing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Might be wrong but the pipe doesn't strictly need an "U" in it but it should be fitted with the "n" holder which let's it sit into the waste pipe... ie this thing:

OP, try use branded washing tablets for a week or so, some of the lower-cost tablets don't deal well with all water types. Also clean the door seals, sides, top & bottom. I find that these are by-far the leading cause of odour as crud gets into the crevices and turns to jelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thesign

Thank you very much.

I've haven't heard of that N holder.. It might work better.

Will give the interior a clean and try better tablets also.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Oh and I'm not saying avoid the lower priced tablets altogether, you might just need to use them strategically... cheaper ones on low-loads and the better ones on full or dirty loads.

Oh, and don't exclusively use lower temperature washes, the same stinking issues are encountered on washing machines when run cool - they end up stinking from all the bacteria on the internal surfaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That's the one, creates the u on the bottom with an n at the top

Advertisement