Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding taxes on a UK purchase

Options
  • 16-02-2024 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I've been in touch with a uk/european distributor/importer of a US brand and when I asked if they had a way to service the deal from EU - to avoid taxes, they told me that, as they are the only retailer in EU for this brand, they could provide me with a quote and I could take it to the "tax office" to have them waive the import fees & duty, since I would not be able to purchase this through any other EU supplier. Has anyone any knowledge of whether this makes sense and/or what the fine minutiae around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭JamBur

Rubbish, there are plenty of items I could only buy in the UK. Does that mean I can get tax waived on them because there is no EU sales availability?

Lack of sales avenues is a vendors issue, not the tax office

Advertisement