Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No lights in half the kitchen

Options
  • 17-02-2024 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I was replacing a spotlight with a new one (did the same last weekend) but when I was doing the last check before actually attach the thing, the fuse board tripped, just for that section, as everything else kept working even the sockets have power in the kitchen.

I checked the ceiling with a camera but couldn't find anything wrong, all is up in the fuse board.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot, or will need to call an electrician on Monday?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is it an MCB or an RCD which tripped (presume it was an MCB)? You could test the cables with a multimeter, that should tell you if you have a short or break.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

It's a MCB. I forgot to say, I did used a phase tester to check the power in th cables and I got nothing. Should I use th multimeter and actually check the MCB in the fuse board, if the MCB is faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Try pulling the mcb down fully and then pushing it back up

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Did all the suggestions but still not working. Yesterday I checked the wall switch, and there's power there, which tells me that the issue may be just somewhere with the lights wiring and not all the way to the mcb.

Advertisement