Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aod214

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy77

No I’m still waiting also for form b,I just got the invite to do the trial fitness test in 2 weeks in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Prcm

Yeah, i'm from batch 2, oom 44 or something, still waiting for my pct. Can't say that I am in a rush, the later the better I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gunners637

Hi everyone , about to do the stage 2 interview but I am just wondering does anyone have any experience going through this process with past penalty points? Are they an issue for the vetting stage? Had 2 speeding tickets about 4 years ago marginally over the limit but also earlier this year drove a car with the nct and tax out 3 days and got fined for this. Very silly i know, was a saturday morning and was dropping the girlfriend to work less than 3km from the house and was seen by a undercover guard. Anyway will this hinder my progress? Any opinion would be appreciated or advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GraceJulia98

Nothing in interview asks about previous convictions or previous points.
    On Form B it only asks if you have any convictions or over 9 penalty points (I think)

It won’t hinder your process. Also if you got the other ones 4 years ago they are off your licence now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 707br

Guys anyone that already had the medical examination. Could please tell us what the doctor will check on you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Grayzer1979

Blood pressure, height, weight, hearing, eyes, feels your stomach etc, tells you to squat, touch your nose with eyes closed and asks a load of questions that you just answer no to and a urine sample.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bena100

Did anyone from batch 3 get the form b yet? How long after interview results did others wait to receive it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tra112

just got mine today and it has to be submitted by next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy77

I got my Form B today also,wonder how long we will be waiting for fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Bena100

I got my form B. Just starting it now. Lots in it.

I'm unsure what to put in the 'academic reference' section. I'm in my 40's so left school a while back ! Did an apprenticeship so they wouldn't remember me. Unsure of who to put as a reference. Any suggestions?!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mld20

Get in touch with your secondary school or where u did the apprenticeship, I’m sure when u explain they would be happy to give a reference. Both options would have a record of you attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bigboy24

hi guys. Just a quick question. I know I’ve seen it before but I’m just not sure. I’ve received my form B but I have know knowledge of my relatives that live abroad. If I get an affidavit will that be enough? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mld20

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hardman29

For the references in form b can u get a reference from your current employer and how could u get a reference from another employer if you only had one job ever

it states on the form that if you have never had a job or only one job etc…you can get a reference else where, I would presume a neighbour, GP, someone else in your community and then the reference from your current employer also. So it’s a reference from school/college, your employer, (as you are currently working there) two people from your community would be suffice.

May be a silly question but for the passport sized photo, do you have to make any adjustments to the size if it or is it literally just a photo of your head and shoulders behind a clear background

hi again. I’ve just been to a solicitor to ask to get an affidavit (no knowledge of distant relatives). They don’t do them. They said something like - I need to print out the form or document or ask my local Garda station for a form to fill out… how do I proceed from here? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Murphy2024

I had the same issue. I had my current employer as my two references. I emailed them and asked about it but they didn't get back to me until after i had uploaded the B form. They said they would accept two general references in that case. They told me that they are unable to contact your current employer at this stage of the process. They said when they get to that section of my B form they would contact me about getting new references.

• Advertisement

I think I saw that you have to go to a commisioner of oaths, im not 100% sure, basically signing off on a document you write that what you’re saying is true etc.. Dont quote me on that so id say go to the station and get clarification from them

will do. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭XabiAlonso22

I heard three 49 year olds started in templemore in the first batch of the extended age limits.

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 psb1

3 x 49 year olds ? Is this for the 2024 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HDM1798

Just wondering if anyone from batch 3 is still waiting on Form B and/or PCT date? I haven't gotten either of them yet. Would Public Jobs let us know if there was some eligibility problem? TIA.

what was your number of merit? I think it depends on that. 50 is my number of merit and I’m batch 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭billyhead

Has they taken in people already from the current competition? That was quick.

Post edited by billyhead on

I was 38...

I’d give public jobs an email or email the HRPD.gardatrainee.info@garda.ie. as I think they take over the campaign once you pass your interview.
    no harm in just double checking with them.

• Advertisement

I'll do that. Thanks a mill... hope all preparations are going well.

Advertisement