Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water logged garden

Options
  • 18-02-2024 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

The private land behind my house is higher than my back garden so all the rain water comes off the field into my garden, I did put a French drain in and big soak hole in and it has got better but kids still sink up to the ankles!!! Any suggestions please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How much garden do you have? You could put in a row of willows between you and the adjacent land, or would it be feasible for them to put some in above your garden? Where is the french drain in relation to the higher land? More drainage seems like the best solution. I wonder would a flat block wall across the back of your garden work? It would have to be set reasonably deep and the water would have to be guided off the end(s) of it. Is there anywhere to send the water to the side of your garden? - do you have neighbours and do they have the same problem? Would they co-operate with solving the problem?

Advertisement