Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 8th - What’s your vote? **Mod Note In Post #677**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Voting NO for both

Just back from voting now. Very few lines drawn through names so far. Less than 10% at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Voting NO for both

Will go and vote soon.

Don't forget to vote people.

This government is thriving on apathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fairly lively at my polling station earlier. Surprised to see that, but it might have been the after work Friday "get it over with on the way home" thing, just like me.

• The local morgue has more movement in it than my polling station, where I put my two Xs in the NO boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Voting YES for both

My mother's friend is a polling clerk in West Cork. By 2pm they had had 26 voters in. The boredom must be unreal for the workers.

• Advertisement

• I’m not male & conservative. Your argument is washing up on a rather bare shore when the tide goes out.

Voting NO for both

Done. Polling station was very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Voting YES for both

I decided not to vote. I just can't gather the enthusiasm to vote for what has been put forward. I do think the current text needs to be updated at some point, but not like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Voting YES for both

Harmonstown polling station v busy just now

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

i don’t understand the implications of the Referendum. My suspicion its that its a half done effort and therefore i voted no no .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Consonata

Voting YES for both

Went in to vote. Polling station was pretty busy, I'd say we're beginning to see the post work wave.

Borderline on the care amendment but wasn't convinced we were going to get much better language in the next couple years. Certainly not in the lifetime of this government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Voting NO for both

For some people who spend far too long arguing on social media platforms, it does not compute that the No side to a referendum can be anything but middle aged white male conservatives and throw in a bit of far right too.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭maebee

Voting YES for both

I voted Yes/Yes in the poll a few weeks ago but changed my mind since then and went No/No at the booth today. The words "durable", "strive" and McDowell swung it for me.

Voting NO for both

Then you should vote no. The current text can't be updated once it's moved out of the constitution. You can at least have a say to say it remains unchanged for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Voting NO for both

When will we start to see exit polls? Presume the papers will have predictions after 10pm, but anything in advance of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Voting NO for both

Late to the thread. Decided early that I would vote No on both unles I could find a compelling reason for yes. It hasn't come. I found selecting IWD for the date was cycnical, and I didn't like the ambiguity around durable relationships - I feel we are being asked to sign a blank cheque.  

One thing I noticed driving around today was not one single poster up. Is this the most meaningless referendum ever?  

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Voting NO for both

The conspiracy theorist in me would say we won’t see them unless they align with the group think for fear it would get more over to rejecting it. - pure conspiracy but strange we have nothing yet in my experience.

Voting NO for both

Yea that's what I was thinking. Normally there would be reports of how things are going (turnout trends etc) but I haven't seen anything yet?

Might have missed something though. Been a busy afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Photobox

Voting NO for both

They get paid very well for being bored.

Voting NO for both

Last item on the pre-credits headlines there on 6.1. Surprising in itself I thought.

See what they say I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭DaithiMa

Voting NO for both

4/7 and 3/10 now with the bookies for no in both. Must be expecting a strong turnout from the pale, stale, middle aged males.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Voting YES for both

You can't display exit polls until polls have closed, so that is indeed a conspiracy theory. RTE have commented that turnout is low

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭pj12332

I've a 20 quid double on no and no, how am I looking? :D

Voting NO for both

RTE 6.1 saying approx 20-26% turnouts in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

Voting YES for both

I don’t have a spreadsheet done out, but I voted yes because I’m not married, have been with my partner for 25 years now and yet, our relationship is recognised as being less stable than a couple that are married, even if they have only known each other for 10 months.

I know we could just get married, and we still can, but we never did so far and now that there was a referendum, I may as well try to get our relationship, as it currently stands, recognised.

For the care one, I think that carers that are not women should also be recognised and that the work is valuable, regardless of what gender the care giver is. I think everyone has duties in the home and that to work does not mean that your duties are neglected. I will add though, that in my personal opinion I don’t think any woman should leave their job to work in the home.

I do think it’ll be a no and I certainly won’t be crying if it is, everything will just remain the same as is now if it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

Voting YES for both

I meant to say that the polling station is across the road from my house and I have been so surprised by the turnout, much higher than previous referenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Consonata

Voting YES for both

Turnout I'd say will be patchy. Will be grim if this ends up being No, No. Would've preferred they had done this with the EU/Locals and with the original carers wording.

Voting NO for both

I don't understand why you wouldn't just get married if you want the recognition of your relationship that you feel is missing especially after that amount of time.

It's your business so don't feel obliged to respond, but it doesn't have to cost a fortune or be a big deal and you'd get the legal and tax recognition that is probably the big 2 "practical" changes that come with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Voting NO for both

Well earlier in day bookies had no no in % terms about 64 % chance of winning now they have it as 76% chance of it being no no 3/10 are current odds

Advertisement