Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling shorts

• 19-02-2024 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I’m considering switching to bib shorts this year - I wear Altura ProGel waist shorts at the moment and find them fairly ok apart from the waistband being a bit uncomfortable especially on longer rides.

Would love to hear recommendations on women’s bib shorts that are comfortable especially on longer rides but that won’t cost the earth!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DrumcDub1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

I've the wrong plumbing so I won't comment on brands etc, but I will say that I have never regretted spending €100+ on quality bib's. The chamois fit and comfort are hugely important for me. I've also noticed that they hold up to wear and frequent washing far better than any of the cheap ones I used back when I started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

BIB SHORTS & TIGHTS WOMEN | SIROKO

Not female, but Siroko has sales on. Their gear has served me well the past couple of years, well made and good performance and quick delivery as well. You can also get more discount if you follow tracevelo on youtube.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It's really personal I think.

One thing to watch out for are the completely useless 'help you pee' designs. None of them work and all make them less good in my opinion!

So many winters having to get off the bike, take off all your wet clothes, unpeel the bibs, pee, fight the wet lycra back on again. All whilst the lads have cocked a leg in the ditch with minimal clothing interference. I have tried all easy pee designs and they just make bibs less comfy and useful.

Rivello and Castelli are my faves. Club kit was good too, velorevolution were awful, kalas good. Once you go bib you won't go back. The waistband Ones just sit across my bladder which is not good on long spins! I wouldn't consider non bibs now at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Dr.Tom

I went with Assos last year. Never looked back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A mention for Verge sport Strike bibs, extremely comfortable & worth the spend of €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Bluejohn1

I can't decide between these or the Énergie Roubaix ones. I've had the Peleton bibs for a few years but they don't really agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Good discussion but its very personnel, I've bought the rapha cargo brevet bibs for addaxes and long rides 200+ and threw them out, didn't suit me at all. Love Le col for my long rides but my go to is velocio. amazing and you can drop them down and pee easily. I do it all the time, expensive at about 200 euro plus but having 5 pairs worth every penny.I watch the sales. Can't wear assos, don't suit me, but do let us know what you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tbo1

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated - many brands I hadn’t even heard of but it’s great to be aware of them now. I’m so glad I asked here.

I agree it is so personal! I tried on a couple of bib shorts with yer suggestions in mind including a pair of Liv Fisso bib shorts and they’re very comfy - the strap is down the centre of the chest which is interesting.

I’ve ordered a pair of Galibier Equipe as well.

I’m glad I got a sense here as to the money/value of investing in a decent pair so thanks for that too - I increased my budget based on the feedback and I think it’ll pay off.

Ill try out the Liv this weekend and report back!

@cailineile agh I totally forgot about Le col until you mentioned it just now - may have to have a look there now too 😂

Advertisement