Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon r500e Cargo Bike - suitable for 3 kids?

Options
  • 19-02-2024 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have 5 y/o twins and a 3 year old, and was looking at getting a cargo bike for short trips, going to creche/school, etc. The Decathlon one seems decent value and also is pretty much the exact same price as can be redeemed on the Cycle to Work scheme. So just wondering if anyone has one can it fit 3 kids on the back, or too cramped? Anyone have any other recommendations that won't completely break the bank for 3 kids? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

How are you planning on attaching them to the bike ? Youngest in a carseat ? (don't have kids so no idea of the terminology !)

Looking at the pictures, I'd imagine 1 seat and 1 child sitting on the rack. Although if you have to wedge the 2nd twin in, there's no chance of them bouncing out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,425 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I've a Yuba Kombi which is similar size and I can get my 4yo and 7yo on the seat no problem, however I doubt another kid will fit

There's also a weight limit to consider, when you add yourself and 3 kids it actually gets close to the limit of most cargo bikes

For 3 kids you'll probably be looking at a front cargo. The only long tail I've seen that handles 3 children is the Yuba Mundo. The Yuba Spicy Curry might also work for younger kids

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Delete

Advertisement