Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I had a small accident where I backed into a car that was parked but the driver decided to move as

Options
  • 19-02-2024 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The car that was parked pulled out behind me and a small dent now he wants 817 euros

Post edited by Spear on

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭This is it

Probably depends, but I had someone reverse and scratch a panel on my car, just on the arch at the back. Was €600 to put it right. Ask to see the quote if you want to.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3 belle59

Thanks just not sure who was at fault the garda I spoke to said we both were.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You should really ask in the relevant forum

https://www.boards.ie/categories/insurance-aircraft-maritime-motor

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Were they moving as you were moving?

If so then both at fault so each can pay their own would be the likely outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 belle59

Yes he was parked but decided to move as I was reversing. That's what I thought but we will see.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Notify your insurance company anyhow. For all you know, the other driver may lodge a claim against you

• Advertisement
Advertisement