Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting land for meadowing

• 20-02-2024 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have 20 or 30 acres free this year due to a low stocking rate that I am thinking of letting for meadowing, and advice on the best way to do this, should I fertilise it and let it ready to cut or advertise it as is and let them look after it themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Might be more awkward this year for lads to spread fertilizer on land that they do not have the maps for if you plan to keep the maps yourself with the new rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

If you fert yourself at least you know it's done and ground will have the base for next year. Would you not sell bales off it?.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

You would probably be better off to spread the fertiliser yourself and sell the meadow either x per acre or x per bale. You would be looking at €80 - €100 per acre for fertiliser alone.

Advertisement