Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Overdraft Processing Times?

Options
  • 21-02-2024 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. So I applied for a personal overdraft with Bank of Ireland on 16/02. I didn't receive any kind of email besides one to say my application was received. A few days went by, nothing. Decided to call them yesterday looking for an update, just said they were busy and will contact me shortly. I also received a text last night telling me my application was processed, again, nothing more since.

Basically, my question is - for those of you who have applied for a personal overdraft for the minimum amount allowed - how long did the entire process take?

TIA!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Impossible to answer this. Too many variables.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

There's no credit agreement to be signed and returned with an overdraft, so if it says processed, check your online banking and see if the available funds has increased and now includes the overdraft amount. It should be applied to the account overnight the day it was approved.

Alternatively, if it's been processed, just give them a call and ask if it was approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shaniamcgee2001

Yeah, completely understandable. This is my first time applying for something like this so I honestly wasn't sure how the process worked from application to approval. Appreciate the response either way!

Advertisement