Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil/Public Service

Options
  • 21-02-2024 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am currently a permanent Clerical Officer in the Civil Service and placed on the external panel for Executive Officer.

I have recently been offered a role as Assistant Staff Officer in the public service.

I am wondering is it worth taking, is it as good as where I am? It’s a better pay scale than CO, similar to EO and if I was successful on the EO panel I could always go back to the civil service. The only thing is, some colleagues have advised me that Assistant Staff Officer is quite dead end and that promotion opportunities are better where I’m at.

Anybody any experience or advice ? 

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭JesseJane

Where in the public sector is it? HSE is a mess at the moment if it's there the job is if stay where you are!

Advertisement